Friday tips #9

5/19/17

Hello, friends! How about your week? Mine was full of adventures and work. I´m traveling to Algarve for the next couple of days to shoot and relax a little bit.

So, let´s check today´s tips. Grab your cup of tea first!

Being Perfect: All of us have that little desire of being perfect in what we do. Yes, I´ve been there too for a long time. Most of the times when I looked at my work I was searching for some flaws and then I spent hours choosing a photo to share on my social media. Well, this way of thinking didn´t match at all with what I truly believe about being a photographer. For me, being a photographer is to eternize emotions, let people be who they really are. There´s no way to rate an emotion like perfection. Right? I work with real people in their real lives. I´m not talking about technical issues because we´re always improving our techniques and workflow, I´m talking about our purpose in being who we are in our dream job. I wanted to share this amazing video by Nadia Meli, where she talks about this desire of being perfect.

Antler graphics: I love these graphics! And best of it, they´re free to download! You can use them in your work to make something different, announcements...Just go with the flow and do your best. You can download them here.

Being a freelancer in your family perspective: Well, I could spend hours and hours talking about this. I´ve been a freelancer for half a year and I still struggle with family perspective. I don´t know if it's because they think that I should be a pharmacist forever and a photographer isn´t a real job, but I really don´t care. It broke my heart in the beginning but I learned how to survive, in fact, I became stronger than ever. It is my life, my dream and I must at least give it a try or I will regret my attitude forever. Nowadays, I smile every time they ask how I can survive, what I think about my future or when I get old. Again: I really don´t care. I live in the present, I´m independent, I pay my bills and most of all I´m much happier now with my life. I believe that one day my family will understand my choice and be happy for me. My parents were the first ones to support me and I know it wasn´t that easy but they understand that the most important thing is my happiness and they also know that I always assume my choices and their consequences. SO, DON`T BE AFRAID. If you feel that your moment arrived, go for it! Once more, it is your life, not theirs.

8 Excuses you keep putting in between you and your dreams: yes they really are excuses. You must read this excellent post from the Collective Hub. Read it here. After you read it, get up and do something new for your business. One single step is all it takes to make way for your dreams.


I hope you loved today´s post! 

Amazing things going on in my instagram! Go and check it out!

Much love,



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

Disclaimer

All photos in this blog are my original copyrighted photographs, unless otherwise noted and correctly linked. If you want to use them please email me before. Thank you.
© raspberry essence . Design by FCD.